Does your Austin, TX home need leaking roof repair?
Roof leakage is a common problem for both residential and commercial building owners, AND...roof leaks can cause all sorts of damage to your property if they aren't repaired quickly. Here are 4 facts you need to know about a leaking roof that explains what they are, signs you have them, and what to do about it. (Because you've gotta do something, quick!)
Leaking Roof Facts
Regardless of the sunshine or the rain, a leaking roof is a serious problem. Once the rain begins to fall again a small leak can turn into a house emergency. Here are a few valuable facts about that.
Leaks don't just happen when it rains
Of course, a leak will be most evident during a storm. However, they truly start when it's sunny outside. After the rain naturally drains off your rooftop, anything leftover will be dried up by the sun. And this causes damage that eventually weakens the roof. Once the heavy rains come pounding on the roof again, the mere weight can cause breakage that leads to roof holes and leaks.
The hole can be located somewhere else
The source of a roof leak isn't always located where you see stains and spots. Water can drain from the rafters and spill onto the ceiling in other areas. This is why a professional roof inspection is so important when you're trying to discover where a leak is located.
Rain falls diagonally
It might appear as though rain falls straight down but it's usually directed at an angle. This means it can work its way under the flashing and cause the need for leaking roof repair.
Maintenance is affordable and costs less than repair
Roof maintenance is key in preventing roof leaks before they become major issues. A roof inspector will check your gutters, flashing, shingles and more to diagnose roof problems. The last thing you want is an expensive roof repair, so be proactive and book routine inspections.
Signs of a Leaking Roof
- Water dripping inside- This is the most obvious sign you have a problem that requires professional assistance. Do not attempt to perform a leaking roof repair as many times the problem isn't always located where the water is coming from.
- Stains on the walls and ceiling- If you see what looks like a large brown or black puddle on the ceiling then guess what? You have a roof leak.
- Dripping sounds- Drip. Drip. Drip. Is not good. When you hear a dripping noise, it means there's a roof leak somewhere.
- Wet and rotten- Prone to damaging the integrity of your roof, rotten wood indicates trouble.
- Mold and algae growth- Most common in humid and warm climates, algae and mold can begin to form within 24-48. That's why it's crucial a leaking roof repair is done quickly.
- Missing or damaged shingles-Bucked shingles indicate a movement in your roof deck and curled shingles means water absorption is happening. It's necessary to find the leak right away to prevent future problems.
Leaking Roof Repair in Austin, TX
Heritage Construction is your local Austin, TX leaking roof repair roofing company specializing in residential and commercial roofing. We have locations throughout the State of Texas and offer free roof inspections that will help you stay on top of regular maintenance. Protect your home or business and prevent roof damage. Contact us today to book a free roof inspection. (And you'll be ready for the rain!)